Friday, February 5, 2010

John's retired and the planning has begun!

Retiring is scary. You plan and plan and take the plunge and then the stock market does too! So you just pray that you can figure out how to live on that fixed income that suddenly looks so small although it really isn't.

It's just scary knowing that there are no more paychecks coming in. Well, maybe from my decorating business but I'm slowing down, too, so you just hope and pray that you've done the right thing at the right time. In John's parting interview with his team, he told them that if he had been more aggressive with his 401K sooner that we could have retired sooner so let that be a lesson to you millennium out there.

Anyway, the planning that I am talking about is our three month adventure to England, the fulfillment of my big dream, maybe not quite John's but he's excited, too.

6 comments:

  1. God's grant you a safe journey and a wonderful trip. Love you both. Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy and take nice long walks on the Thames. There is a fabulous pub in Hammersmith right by the bridge, have a pint for me! Have a GREAT trip.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just letting you know that Dorothy Ann passed away this afternoon and the funeral will be Saturday at the Church. Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. About the "being more agressive with the 401K" I'm trying....may have to auction a kidney to supplement it!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Tandy & Uncle John
    I love to hear all about it and so does dad!! ao write all the details!!
    Glad that you are having so much fun! Take pix and post them!! (You can post them to your FaceBook page, I don't know about here)
    Love ya,
    Mechele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aunt Tandy (& Uncle John !!!!)

    I'm still printing these out for dad but realized I need to run to town for a new ink cartridge.. I've ran out of back ups printing portfolio sheets!!
    It sounds so great!!! almost like we are there with you!

    Love ya!
    Mechele

    ReplyDelete